Here are top 5 reasons (excuses) I have not blogged since July:
5. I returned from a month-long cross country road trip and wanted to savor the feeling of being unplugged.
4. It was summer, I can walk to the beach from my house, and I don’t like getting sand in my laptop.
3. I started my third semester of full-time graduate school.
2. I stopped prioritizing eating right and training hard, stopped cooking, and entered into a downward shame spiral in which a clean eating blog had no place.
1. I realized this blog didn’t feel like me anymore.
5 recent and related events that helped me commit to starting again:
5. I ended 2013 by baking my first real loaf of bread, using my Uncle Jimmy’s recipe. It turned out delicious and I savored every bite. I remembered simplicity, good smells and how happy I am in my kitchen.
2. With a focus on getting strong again and leaning out, I added a lot more fat back into my diet, and started cooking almost everything in coconut oil…
or butter or lard.
1. Finally, with a little help from a friend, I decided that this blog can be about anything I want. Instead of waiting to find the perfect recipe and then trying to write the perfect post, I think I will just share cool information as I find it. Sometimes you have to approach life one hurdle at a time in order to move forward.